Seamless Information Flow
Many manufacturing enterprises, irrespective of their size, face several challenges as they IT enable the enterprise by automating various processes. The processes include procurement, manufacturing, distribution, logistics, finance, accounting and so on.
Some of the challenges include:
Heterogeneous applications such as mainframe systems, ERP systems, supply chain and so on, running on varied hardware platforms.
Application and Information silos owing to lack of collaboration and seamless information flow across the enterprise
Real time visibility across various enterprise functions for better adaptability and agility
Seamless Information Flow (SIF) can help the manufacturing companies in achieving the following:
- Integrate heterogeneous applications in a standard and platform independent manner by leveraging existing application and system investments
- Build composite applications on the fly on a standards based business process execution platform with an intuitive and flexible business process designer to define and model business processes by business owners
- Automate and build human workflows with support for multistage approval using standard workflow engine as well as building workflows using Email/SMS/IVRS
- Flexible and configurable reporting engine for generating various business performance reports and dashboards by extracting data from varied application systems
- Real Time monitoring, management and governance engine for real time visibility across various enterprise functions
- Flexible rules engine to define enterprise level business rules (for example, tax rate calculations)
- Real time customizable alert/notification on critical events across the supply chain (for example, Inventory falls below a certain level)
- Highly scalable platform with built in support for high availability, failover and load balancing for mission critical enterprise applications
- Security enforcement and compliance to avoid tampering of critical data